Re: ND arrays again

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: ND arrays again
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:11:59 +0100

Brian Blais wrote:

Hello,

I've been trying to decypher the octave class code for this, but I am having trouble. Would someone be able to send me a simple example of C++ code to do the following:

pass in a 3 dimensional matrix, and return a 2-dimensional matrix with the value comparable to the octave line: var(5:15,3:8,3)

this would help me a lot!

            thanks in advance,

                Brian Blais

With no testing whatsoever, I believe something like

NDArray m = args(0).array_value();
Array<idx_vector> idx (3);
idx(0) =idx_vector (Range (5., 15.))
idx(1) = idx_vector (Range (3., 8.));
idx(2) = idx_vector (3);
NDArray ret = m.index (idx, 0);

is probably what you want.

D.

Motorola CRM +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary