Re: Octave of MP systems

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Octave of MP systems
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:37:16 +0100

On Thursday 27 January 2005 08:58, Javier Fernández Baldomero wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Jonathan Greenberg escribió:
> > Has anyone used octave on huge MP systems (# processors > 256)?  Is there
>
> I have tried octave in a cluster of 8 computers, and Michael Creel
> has written a paper on econometrics using octave on 16 computers.
> Of course, I'm also interested in knowing of the most node-spreaded
> octave parallel application so far :-)

I can go down to the computer rooms after 8:00PM and fire it up on 50 machines
no problem. A slightly modified parallelknoppix would let it run on whatever
number of machines is available. Here I could use around 150 or so with the
permission of a single administrator. Actually, maybe I'll try it out just
for fun. Anyone have a function they would like me to do a Monte Carlo study
on? Michael