Problem with "gset output postscript color"

From: Frederic Cornet
Subject: Problem with "gset output postscript color"
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:31:28 -0600

Dear all,

I apology in advance if this problem has already been reported but i can not
find any information about it.

I use the typical commands to save a figure (I want to export figures in eps and
use it in LaTeX) :

plot(sin(-pi:0.01:pi),"r;sinus;");xlabel("temps (s)");ylabel("Amplitude
(V)");title("Signal mesure");grid on;
gset term postscript color
gset output "test.eps"
replot
gset term x11

"gset term postscript color" returns a lot of lines of information. Here are the
last lines :
714 420 M
6248 0 V
0 4200 V
-6248 0 V
714 420 L
1.000 UP
stroke
grestore
end
showpage

Then, "gset output "test.eps"" returns the three following lines :
%%Trailer
%%DocumentFonts: Helvetica
%%Pages: 1

And the generated eps file is quite "strange" : a blank page or sometimes a
2-pages document with the figure on both pages.

I am using the "standard octave packages" of debian/unstable :
ii  octave         2.1.64-1
ii  octave-ci      99.09-2
ii  octave-epstk   2.0-6
ii  octave-forge   2004.11.16-3