RE: Building Octave on cygwin with gcc3.3.3

From: Frank Palazzolo
Subject: RE: Building Octave on cygwin with gcc3.3.3
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:02:35 -0500

Paul,

Thanks - I'm aware of the gcc 3.3 problem.  I'm only building under
cygwin as a temporary step before trying mingw.  I'm wondering if that
the slowdown will mostly go away then.

>From those posts, it's sounds like the slowdown is an interaction with
the runtime, which is different from cygwin to mingw anyways.  I guess
I'll find out.

If my mingw experiment fails, I will definitely go back to gcc
3.2/cygwin.

Thanks,
Frank