Verilog - x and z values with octave load

From: Luke Darnell
Subject: Verilog - x and z values with octave load
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:27:23 +1100

Hi,

I am trying to load some data from a verilog simulation.
My verilog simulation dumps each variable I am interested in, to a file of the
same name.
I am then using the octave command "load variable_name" to load the required
variable_name.
I am running into problems the when variable file has undefined values, "x", or high
impedance values "z".
"load" doesn't seem to like "x" or "z" values.
Is there a way I can change "load" to read in "x" and "z"??
Or does anyone have a better way of reading in values from a verilog/vhdl
simulation??

regards,

Luke Darnell