Dynamic extensions: from octave_value to *double and vice versa

From: Nicolo Giorgetti
Subject: Dynamic extensions: from octave_value to *double and vice versa
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 08:35:51 -0600

Dear All,

I am a newbie Octave user who is writing a dynamic loaded extension to
Octave. Probably this is a simple question but I was not able to find an
answer.
If I have a variable of type octave_value and I know the corresponding
argument in the Octave workspace is a matrix I would like to get a
copy of the matrix as a pointer, something like:

double *tmp; tmp=octave_value.getcopy_double_pointer();

Is it possible to have something like this? Does a function exist to
do that?

After some computations on *tmp I would like transform *tmp in a
new octave_value in order to return it as output of the function. How
can i do that?

Best Regards,
Nicolo Giorgetti.