problems running the embedded examples from the Octave repository

From: Xavier Gonzalez
Subject: problems running the embedded examples from the Octave repository
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:21:41 -0500

I am trying to run the embed.cc, test.cpp example code. However, I
cannot even get them to compile. It is clear to me that there is not
octave/ directory containing the files in my machine. I do have
octave, but I am guessing I do not have the rigth files.

I just want to know what is it that I need to do to get these programs
to compile and run.

regards,

--Xavier Gonzalez
Computational Science, C.Ph.D.
address@hidden

P.S.: Attached you will find a file containing the error message from
the attempt to compile the programs