plot, fill and colours

From: Carine Simon
Subject: plot, fill and colours
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 06:27:15 -0600

Dear all,

I am still fighting with Octave and Gnuplot (cf previous mail).
To start with, I am trying to do something simplier: plotting some data in
black, in filled style. I can do it for any function by doing for example:

octave:43> gset style line 1 lt -1
octave:44> gplot "sin(x) ls 1"
octave:45> gset style function filledcurves

it does give the result I want.
But I can't manage to do the same with a data matrix:
if data is a matrix, defined as
x = (-10:0.1:10)'; data= [x, sin(x)];

octave:81> gplot data
does plot the sine, but

octave:82> gset style line 1 lt -1
octave:83> gplot "data ls 1"
octave:84>          line 0: undefined variable: data

And if I just type
octave:84> gplot data ls 1
it doesn't do anything.

Anybody could help me?