plot fill

From: Carine Simon
Subject: plot fill
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:45:53 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to plot some data in a "wiggle style" (very useful in seismology for
example) and I get some troubles. Indeed, in order to do that, I use a package
called "SegyMAT" and its wiggle.m function. The problem is with the "fill"
function which doesn't seem to work as Matlab's does.
I am going to explain the case for a practicle example. I have a 200x320 matrix
Data and two vectors x and t of size  320 and 200 resp. x=[1:320].
In the following, d is just to save time, (=3 for example), dx and dmax are
scalars.
The interesting part of the function wiggle is the following one:
    for i=1:d:length(x)
      xt=dx*Data(:,i)'./dmax;
      xt1=xt;xt1(find(xt1>0))=0;
      fill(x(i)+[xt,fliplr(xt1)],[t,fliplr(t)],"k"); %[0 0 0])
      %% x(i)+ is just here to draw the different "fill" one next to the other
columnwise.
      if i==1, hold on;end
    end

However, just for one step of the loop, it already takes ages and doesn't give
the expected figure (whereas Matlab does it).

Anybody would have any hint to help ?
Thanks and happy new year :-)
Carine.