Symbols, mathematical symbols, and Greek letters

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Symbols, mathematical symbols, and Greek letters
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:12:12 -0800

How can I use symbols, mathematical symbols, and Greek letters in
Octave/Gnuplot/AquaTerm and then print on Laser Printer *without* resorting
to special software.

According to HTML 4, symbols, mathematical symbols, and Greek letters may be
represented by glyphs (whatever that is) in the Adobe font "Symbol". E.g. "
&#945 " for Greek letter alpha. Or perhaps one could use Unicode, e.g. Greek
letter alpha is Unicode 61537.

At least I understand that the following will not work:
gset label 1 "&#945" at 0.4, 1.3
gset label 2 "Unicode 61537" at 0.4, 1.3

Henry