Re: Using automatic form of...gset xrange [-10:10]

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Using automatic form of...gset xrange [-10:10]
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:22:43 -0700

John W. Eaton wrote:

BTW, in the next "unstable" snapshot of Octave, all the

By "next" do you mean 2.1.65, or it is past 3.x.x release?

gnuplot-specific code in Octave's main lexer/parser has been moved to
a separate parser.  Now anything that looks like

  gplot ... <end of line>
  gsplot ... <end of line>

Given that "gplot" and "gset" are somewhat special, I was
wondering if we should rename those to "__gplot" and
to "__gset" (or something like that), to emphasize more that special
status.
"gplot" and "gset" to become thin wrappers around "__g..." which would
also print a warning that they are deprecated...

jwe

Sincerely,

Dmitri.