Re: Packaging Octave for Windows and OS X... all but not perfs

From: Samir Sharshar
Subject: Re: Packaging Octave for Windows and OS X... all but not perfs
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:24:17 +0100

Yes,

Wel gfortran seems to me to be in a very earlier alpha stage ;-)

I've used with a correct PATH (sorry...) my old brave g77 compiler.

I've recompiled Octave with the "new" gcc 3.3.2 from Apple in the hope to obtain greater performance.

Tears... my new compiled octave 2.1.64 on my beautiful dual G5 2GHZ benchs are really catastrophic... just like an ugly PIV 2 GHZ... :-)

Octave 2.1.64 complied on Opteron is twice faster... Where the glitch ?

Samir