Re: request recommendations for using octave with windows

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: Re: request recommendations for using octave with windows
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:43:47 +0100

Michael,

Have them download Cygwin. It will be good for their immortal souls to be gently led into a Linux environment. If you are feeling really ambitious, load X and nedit, whilst doing it. Alternatively, SciTe is an excellent editor. Finally, download your favourite octave and build it exactly as you would for Linux. Apart from a recent glitch, it does not present any problems at all. If you give a prefix other than the default, a binary for Cygwin can be circulated by tarring and zipping the lot.

Pau;

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Creel" <address@hidden>