Re: datenum

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: datenum
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:58:32 -0800

GNU Octave, version 2.1.46 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.6).
octave:75> datenum(2000,1,1)
ans = 730486

I thought I did not have octave-forge installed but I appear to use what I
have on the desktop, at least "help datenum" triggers a file from that
location:
octave:76> help datenum
datenum is the user-defined function from the file
/Users/mollet/Desktop/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.55/site/m/octave-forge/time
/datenum.m

 - Function File:  datenum(Y, M, D [, h , m [, s]])
 - Function File:  datenum('date' [, P])
     Returns the specified local time as a number of days since Jan 1,
     0000.  By this reckoning, Jan 1, 1970 is day number 719529.  The
     fractional portion, corresponds to the portion of the specified
     day.

     Note: 32-bit architectures only handle times between Dec 14, 1901
     and Jan 19, 2038, with special handling for 0000-01-01.  datenum
     returns -1 in case of a range error.

     See also: date,clock,now,datestr,datevec,calendar,weekday.

Henry