Octave_value <-> GdBoxed

From: Muthu
Subject: Octave_value <-> GdBoxed
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 02:47:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi there!
Greetings everyone.
I am trying to write a new octave object class
[GdBoxed class].I create an instance of this object,
derived from octave_base_value, and return it to the
interpreter.

Now when the user sends it back to me from the
interpreter,it comes shadowed as a octave_value()
which I have to typecast to the derived form. This is
not working, as I cannot call the member functions
which I have added newly for the derived types,
but I can access the virtual members correctly [eg:
print,ulong_value]. I made a kludge to make the
ulong_value() return the pointer to the object,
and from there call my newly added members.

I would like to know what is the generic method used
for doing this upcasting of octave_value to derived
types used by other programmers.

Also, I want to know why sometimes when I call my
functions octave complains that "cannot find symbol
ZNGdBox_23fa" during dynamically loading functions?

Please help.

Yours Truly,
Muthu.

http://my.yahoo.com