octave graphical output question

From: Paul Cefola
Subject: octave graphical output question
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 03:15:54 -0600

I have a program that outputs the results of numerical computations as a text file.  This program runs on a Linux platform.

I would like to create nice high resolution plots from these files at modest cost (MatLab has been used for this function in the past but is not available at moderate cost now) for inclusion in MS Word documents that will be prepared on a Windows box (XP professional).

I am told that Octave should be considered.  Can you give me the next level of detail?

Thanks,

Paul Cefola

Dr. Paul J. Cefola

Research Affiliate, MIT Aeronautics & Astronautics Dept

Consultant in Aerospace Systems, Spaceflight Mechanics & Astrodynamics

978-579-9668 (phone/fax)

address@hidden

address@hidden