Strange matrix size

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Strange matrix size
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 10:49:56 -0800

I have a matrix, padj, whose size is 3 by 319.

When used with the following script...

display=zeros(2,319);
for i=1:2
  display(i,:)=padj(1,:);
endfor

the script creates a matrix, display, whose size is 2 by
319, as expected.

However, if I embed a script in the loop the sequence
fails...

display=zeros(2,319);
for i=1:2
  SCRIPT
  display(i,:)=padj(1,:);
endfor

NOTE: SCRIPT.m is a script file that calculates values of
padj

somehow this sequence creates a matrix, display, that is
319 by 319?!

I'm running binary octave 2.1.50a-inst.exe on Win98

I tried using source("SCRIPT.m") for both, and nothing
makes it work properly.

Did I implement the matrix notation incorrectly?

Any ideas?

                - Robert -