Re: synchronization of octave with gnuplot?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: synchronization of octave with gnuplot?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:01:23 -0500

On  2-Dec-2004, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

| > My question: is there a way to actively synchronize octave with gnuplot,
| > i.e. force octave to wait until gnuplot has finished a particular plot
| > command?

What event do you want to wait for?  Octave keeps the gnuplot stream
open, so you can't simply wait for gnuplot to exit.  Even if you
call closeplot, Octave just sends a "quit" command to gnuplot and
closes the plot stream.  There is no delay after that happens while
gnuplot cleans up, and I don't know how to force one to occur.  So you
need some other signal from gnuplot that it is done.  But what would
that be and where would you look for it?

jwe