Re: Fixed point shift

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Fixed point shift
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:13:52 -0600

On 25-Nov-2004, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

| I didn't create the equivalent operators/functions in the other three
| classes. Also, the bitshift stuff is handled through a function called
| bitshift in octave rather than with a "<<" or ">>" operator which have
| other meanings in octave (file i/o).

Since these are binary operators, you could overload them for
bitshifing as well (I/O requires the left operand to be a stream
object).

Also, the idea of having them as I/O operators was not really so
good, so maybe it should be deprecated and later removed?  Does anyone
actually use the "<<" and ">>" operators for I/O?

jwe