NaN

From: Matt Funk
Subject: NaN
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:33:13 +0000

Hi all,

I am trying load a 2D vector from a text file that was actually saved out by
another octave script via the save fcn. Anyway, the load() didn't work so i
used fscanf. That works fine, and it reads all the values in correctly until
i hit the first NaN in the vector (there are several) and after that it
doesn't read correctly anymore. In fact it reads all zeros after that
regardless if it's a NaN or a good value.

Are there any quick fixes for this situation. It'd be REALLY nice if i could
read those in since i have a lot of files to read in.

Also, when i used the load() fcn it read something in but it is a 1x1 entity,
whereas my vector is something like 10x25. Looking at that thing it prints
the right vector on the terminal, but i can't index it as a vector (obviously
since it is a 1x1)

so, any fixes?

thanks
mat