Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)

From: Miroslaw Kwasniak
Subject: Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:04:22 +0100

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 12:59:31AM -0800, Robert A. Macy wrote:
> According to the docs I should be able to type some line
> like this...
>
> system('regtool.exe -i set /HKLM/Software/Cygnus\
> Solutions/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 1024')
[...]
> if I type the above line, I get a single error statement
> saying it doesn't like the back slash and is replacing it
> with a " "

Somewhere it was described as _one-line_ (for command line - bash???) -
backslash is used here to splitting parameter whith space into two
parameters:

regtool.exe -i set /HKLM/Software/Cygnus\ Solutions/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 1024

I don't it's good to do via octave `system' but you can try (in one line):

Where you have to change <sp> for ' ' (space character). I wrote so to
prevent distortion by e-mail system. Remark also two backslashes - octave
interprets backslash sequences (so called escape sequences) - in this case
it'll convert \\ to \ as expected.

I don't how `system' is executed  on octave for Windows - maybe via
command/cmd? Then you can try use double quotes whithout backslash:

     "/HKLM/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb"

Mirek