Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:59:31 -0800

According to the docs I should be able to type some line
like this...

system('regtool.exe -i set /HKLM/Software/Cygnus\
Solutions/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 1024')

in order to expand my memory, however, it doesn't work.

typing less, such as
system('regtool --help')
does get me a full list of help options.

if I type the above line, I get a single error statement
saying it doesn't like the back slash and is replacing it
with a " "

then when I type the -v list request in the same form as
above it gives me the error statement regarding backslash
*and*
Error(2): The system cannot find the file specified.

If I leave out the backslash and just use a space both
times, octave accepts them, but for the first line gives me
an ans=0

the second time gives me Error(2) *and* ans=1

Any ideas on how to expand memory?

            - Robert -