compiling with gcc 3.4.1

From: Al Niessner
Subject: compiling with gcc 3.4.1
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:47:04 -0800

Have you seen this problem also?

I have built and installed octave 2.1.57 with 3.4.1 with no problem. I
then attempted to build and install octave-forge with the same compiler
and ran into problems with the following statement:

template std::map<std::string,std::string>;

I put a conditional around it so that it was executed only with gcc <
3.4.1 and all worked well. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed
this problem too.

--
Al Niessner <address@hidden>
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
those of JPL or NASA.

 ----
 ----