Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)

From: Miroslaw Kwasniak
Subject: Re: Possible to increase 256 Mb Memory Limit? (Windows 2000)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:21:48 +0100

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 03:37:28PM +0000, Richard Thomas wrote:
> Restarting the PC and running Octave, the changed registry entry is visible:
> >> system('/bin/regtool.exe -v list "/HKLM/Software/Cygnus
> Solutions/Cygwin"')
> mounts v2 C__quartus_bin_cygwin_bin_cygwin1_dll\ (cygnus)
> Program Options\ (cygnus)
> heap_chunk_in_mb = 0x00000400 (1024)

I don't know if my (pointed) answer is accurate (it may depend on cygwin
version), maybe try find answer on some cygwin mailing-list/news-group.

I don't use M$ for last 5-6 years, but sometimes I do consulting or
maintainance :)

> >> clear all;a = zeros(5000,6500)

`clear all' is matlab syntax, in octave your command mean clear only
variable named `all' :). In octave use `clear *' or simply `clear'. It
clears all variables, but for clearing all functions use `clear -f *'.

> Any ideas? Perhaps I need a later version of Octave for this feature?

Try 2.1.50a.exe from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2888
Try ask author of big files problem if he solved it.

Mirek