compiling octave 2.1.61 - readline problem

From: Jiri Pachman
Subject: compiling octave 2.1.61 - readline problem
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:05:21 +0100

Hello list,
I have downloaded latest release 2.1.61 and tried to install it.

./configure --disable-static -enable-shared

It stops saying that Readline 4.2 or later is needed. I have downloaded readline 5.0 and installed it without problems. When running config it was not found. Are there any links I have to manually configure? Or something else to do?

I am not a programmer at all.

thank you
Jiri Pachman

Ing. Jiri Pachman