Re: plotting to a .ps file

From: Christian T. Steigies
Subject: Re: plotting to a .ps file
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:54:32 +0200

Moin,
On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:08:51PM -0600, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have problems to convince octave to plot it's output to a file. This used
> >to work with replot, or with Dirk's replotps, which uses replot itself.
> >

> Preffered way to plot to postscript is to use print() command.
> Alternatively see e.g.:
>
> http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/bug-octave.2004/msg00703.html

automatic_replot=0 is the trick, I guess that changed some time ago?
But print() is even better, thanks for the hints!

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 03:12:20PM -0700, Paul Laub wrote:

> Have you tried immediately following your replot command with
>
>     gset output

Yes, I did, it might have helped, I am not sure, but with the default
settings I still got the postscript code in my terminal. This is fixed with
automatic_replot=0. But I will use print() now instead of replot.

Thanks again to both of you,
Christian