Problem with whitespace_in_literal_matrix

From: Michael Bernward Schmidt
Subject: Problem with whitespace_in_literal_matrix
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:15:03 +0200 (MEST)

Hello

I have some trouble using the "whitespace_in_literal_matrix". I put the line
whitespace_in_literal_matrix = traditional in my .octaverc file. When I run
octave it responds the above line but when I type in the command:  getenv
('whitespace_in_literal_matrix') the answer is: "ans = ".

Also it seems to me that it doesn't make a diffrence using
traditional/ignore. I try the following example (copy from docs) and the
answer is allways the same. m=[1 2]; [m (1)]. Result: [3 2 1] Why is that?

THX

Michael

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!