Non negativity in LSODE

From: Balachandra Bhadravathi Krishnamurthy
Subject: Non negativity in LSODE
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:42:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I am solving a relatively simple ODE system and sometimes the variables go negative (on the order of 1e-10). I know that its almost zero, but it would be great if I could somehow enforce the non-negativity constraints for all the variables. I tried doing that in DASSL (although the system is pure ODE), but even with an exact initial condition for xdot_0, DASSL complains that it can't compute YPRIME.

I am calling LSODE from a C++ program. I am using Octave version 2.1.57 compiled with gcc 3.4.1 on RedHat 9.

Thanks,
Bala