Re: Octave on Macs

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: Octave on Macs
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 07:53:42 -0500

It downloads ok with the FireFox browser on Mac.

On Oct 16, 2004, at 3:02 AM, Per Persson wrote:

On Oct 16, 2004, at 01:10, Stephen Thomas wrote:

Just in case any of you are using Octave on a Macintosh, there's a pretty decent text editor available known as TextMate (www.macromates.com). I'm not affiliated with the developers at all, but I did take the time to put together a MATLAB/Octave personality for the editor. It gives you syntax coloring, automatic indents, section folding, smart delimiters, plus the ability to access octave's help directly within the editor and a few other
goodies. That bundle (along with other personalities) can be found at
wiki.macromates.com/textmate/show/HomePage. Hope it's useful to someone.

This sounds great, TextMate looks as a very decent editor.
However, I had problems downloading the file.
I really think you need to zip it up since it is a bundle. At least Safari will thrash it completely when downloading.

/Per