Re: i've a problem:(

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: i've a problem:(
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:04:58 -0700

I use
wavread.m
and wavwrite.m
both I have slightly modified and am *VERY* happy with
them.

I do 8 bit, 16 bit and even 24 bit [which can't be played
on my Windows98 system, but I know is compatible with
commercial software since I can generate and read 24 bit
wave files coming from and going to the commercial
software]

The form for writing is ...
wavwrite(sig,sf,bits,"filename.wav");
...where sig is the values between -1 and 1
sf is the sample frequency, like 44100, or such
and bits is the digitization, 8, 16, or 24

The form for reading is ...
[sig,sf,bits]=wavread("filename.wav");
...and reads all back in.

I looked at ausave and couldn't figure out how to use it,
so being in a hurry, I used wavread.m and wavwrite.m.

You should be able to find copies of wavread.m and
wavwrite.m.  The modification is to make certain the files
are opened in binary which is 'rb' and 'wb' (thanks to a
comment from John Eaton) I'm not certain, but I think I
changed the 16 bit digitization so that there was a "dead"
band at zero crossing, to prevent noise toggling the
signal.

If you want copies of the "modified" version, contact me
off group, and I will attach them for you.

        - Robert -

http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Ffilm.wp.pl%2Fp%2Ffilm.html%3Fid%3D24826&sid=250