Re: octave-2.1.59 and Cygwin

From: Yadin Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: octave-2.1.59 and Cygwin
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:19:14 -0400

The site http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII3.0/cygwin.htm
has a package called cygwinDevel.exe (34.6 Mb) which has among others gcc
3.2 and also
the mingw32 branch. I used this gcc to compile octave 2.1.60 and it compiled
out of the box
and does not suffer from the slowness problem. Maybe you can put a copy
of this package or part of it on the octave-forge site. I only used the
gcc3.2 part which I installed with
the most current cygwin after uninstalling the current gcc. I used the
current setup to do the uninstallation
and installation and not the setup provided with the cygwinDevel.exe on the
Berkeley site.
Yadin.
"Paul Kienzle" <address@hidden> wrote in message
On Oct 8, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> In the meantime, perhaps we should post the gcc-3.2 Cygwin binary
> somewhere? A number of us have copies.

We could put it beside the other tools needed to build the cygwin
distribution on the octave-forge download site.

- Paul