Re: CVS server key

From: Jon H. Davis
Subject: Re: CVS server key
Date: 10 Oct 2004 16:24:07 -0400

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 05:42, Francesco Potorti` wrote:
> >change.  I have not posted the host key anywhere.  Where should I post
> >the host key?
>
> Why not on this list?

    Why is there any need to do anything? The ssh client tells you when
the host key changes, and offers to update your .ssh files after giving
you the warning that it has changed. End of story.

        The admin can copy the old host keys to /etc/ssh on the new machine to
avoid having anyone getting the messages. I did that on my mythtv box,
which has debian, gentoo, and slackware on it (and had three host keys
until I synchronized them between the distributions).

        --Jon
--
Jon H. Davis <address@hidden>