Re: Is digest subscription possible?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 11:02:50 -0700

This was answered a few days ago by John Eaton. No digest is available and
he suggested that you set up your mail application such that all octave mail
drops into a separate inbox.

I am using the rule that any header with "bevo.che.wisc.edu" will get moved
to an inbox called "octave" and it worked/is working fine. For a while, many
postings (even my own) to the octave help-list were branded as "SPAM" by my
ISP (Yayoo-SBC) at the server level and were therefore not downloaded to my
computer. Eventually this was resolved. I don't know if it was my attempts
to train the server software by accessing my account via the web and telling
the server: "Hey, this is not SPAM" dozen of times or if it was my email to
support that fixed the problem. I haven't checked for a while if I still
have octave postings that don't get downloaded as I seem to get all the
original postings of people posting for for the first time, not only replies
of people who were put in the address-list at the server.
Henry