Re: Migrating to Linux/Octave

From: Paul Thomas
Subject: Re: Migrating to Linux/Octave
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:57:38 +0200

It seems to me that this is a pertinent discussion for the help list because Chris was specifically enquiring about a platform for octave.  I thought it useful to point out that octave runs fine under Windows and that there is a step by step process by which one can migrate to Linux or stay at a halfway house.

>> That's a great compilation of sources: is it in the wiki? I think it probably should be.

Everything is there, I think.....

>> By the way, there is also Knoppix,

Quantian is Knoppix with numerical knobs, so to speak - excuse me, Dirk!

Paul T