Re: Migrating to Linux/Octave

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: Migrating to Linux/Octave
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:47:08 -0500

I use macintosh, so I can't speak to the "Intel inside" world. I've used Yellow Dog Linux and Octave very comfortably, and the install is quite easy. YDL has a pretty good manual. http://www.yellowdoglinux.com

I currently use both Octave and Matlab on MacOSX, which is "linux-like:" (SteveJobs words), but requires a few tweaks to install (done automatically by fink).

A used mac with YDL would easily fit your budget.