Compiling with shared library support

From: Ben Graham
Subject: Compiling with shared library support
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 03:36:34 -0500

Hi,

When I compile octave 2.1.57 with shared library support (by passing --enable-shared or --enable-dl or both parameters to the configure script beforehand) I get errors like:

../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `Fbesselj(octave_value_list const &, int)' ../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `Fgetrusage(octave_value_list const &, int)' ../src/liboctinterp.so: undefined reference to `Fsqrtm(octave_value_list const &, int)'

And many similar errors - undefined references to functions (octave functions with an F in front).

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
-Ben Graham

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail