Re: C++ template

From: Stefan van der Walt
Subject: Re: C++ template
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:12:35 +0200

I am not sure what you mean, since all the examples listed under "Linear
Indexing" in the document below works as stated.

octave:1> a = ones(5,5)
a =

  1  1  1  1  1
  1  1  1  1  1
  1  1  1  1  1
  1  1  1  1  1
  1  1  1  1  1

octave:2> a(6)==a(1,2)
ans = 1

Which compares the 6th element of 'a' to the second in the first row.
If you want to compare a(6) to the first two elements, you have to do

octave:6> a(6)==a(1:2)

or

octave:7> a(6)==a([1 2])

Regards