Re: DLL Remap Issue under Cygwin

From: Andy Adler
Subject: Re: DLL Remap Issue under Cygwin
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:12:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Phillips, James R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running octave 2.1.60 compiled under cygwin.  I have a dynamically
> loadable (.oct) function I have written that has causes some strange
> behavior.  The call to the function is wrapped inside an m-file.
>
> ========
> C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\octave-2.1.60.exe (68432): *** unable to remap

> C:\cygwin\usr\local\libexec\octave\2.1.60\oct\i686-pc-cygwin\find.oct to
> same address as parent(0x3DF0000) != 0x3E10000
>
> Can anyone give me some insight into what the remap issue is, and what kinds
> of errors might cause it?

This error is a weird one. I saw it on Pentium II systems running win2k,
when I tried to load oct files than interacted with MFC dll's. Microsoft
Foundation Classes, of course, is a totally hairy thing to program to, and
I can easily imagine it breaking cygwin.

On the other hand, I never saw this on a PIV, or on WinXP.
I never found a solution.

Is this similar to your problem?
--
Andy Adler <address@hidden> 1(613)562-5800x6218