Re: Toolboxes

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Toolboxes
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:31:50 -0500

Technically, most MATLAB toolbox functions that are implemented as .m files would probably work in Octave, but as John Eaton has pointed out on this list before, it it not clear whether MATLAB's licensing terms allow that. Many of the toolbox functions are duplicated in the octave-forge project which can be found at octave.sf.net.

Regards,
Quentin Spencer

onkar chandrakant kulkarni wrote:

Dear sir,

I am new to octave. I have installed it on sparc-solaris platform

I want to know how can i use matlab tool boxes in octave? If i cannot then,
because i want as many toolboxes as there are in matlab. Where can i download
similar toolboxes for octave ?

I will be obliged if you help me out. Kindly reply

Thanking you,

Onkar Kulkarni
Research Associate
CEPD division