RPM binary package of Octave 2.1.59

From: Javier Arántegui
Subject: RPM binary package of Octave 2.1.59
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:02:09 +0200

Hello,

Today I have complied Octave 2.1.59 and created an RPM binary package. This
package can be downloaded from <http://www.udl.es/usuaris/w3511782/octave/>.
It's a big file (79 Mb).

Some comments:

1. This is the first time a create an RPM package, so be patient with the
existent errors.
2. I have used a SUSE 9.1 to compile it, I don't know if it will work with
other distributions. To create the package I just did ./configure, make and
checkinstall as root. Maybe I should read more carefully the documentation
and do a better process. I am not a programmer and don't know much about this
stuff.
3. I have created it because It was useful for me. I'd be happy if it's useful
for someone else. If not, it's not a big deal.
4. If you have comments, feedback, you think that it's useful or useless,
please send me a message. I'd like to know.

Regards,

Javier

--

Javier Arántegui              | Tel. +34973702595
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos | Fax  +34973702596