Re: problem with legend.m

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: problem with legend.m
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:44:08 -0600

Laurent Mazet wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:30:43 +0200
David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

This is a long standing problem, which can easily be seen with the "ls"
command where it doesn't return anything. I believe it is probably due
to a compiler bug in the g++ I/O stuff, as when I looked at it I couldn't
find anything within octave responsible for it. So maybe compiling with
a newer version of g++ might also fix the issue....

I've just checked on my computer. Octave is compiled with g++ 3.3.4 (Debian
1:3.3.4-9) and I still have the problem.

        Laurent

I have gcc 3.3.3 (Redhat/Fedora Core 2) and I do not have
the problem neither with legend nor with ls...
Some of the earlier versions of gnuplot 3.8 seems to
had some problems like that (due to the mouse support).
Can you repeat the problem without "gset mouse"?
You would need to do 'graw ("unset mouse\n")' if it
was set already, 'gset mouse off' does not work.

Regards,

Dmitri.

p.s. I guess as a pay off :) octave on RedHat
has a memory leak that Debian does not seems
to have. I wonder if those things indeed related...