Re: Octave distribution (was: Re: Octave advocacy)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave distribution (was: Re: Octave advocacy)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:42:33 -0400

On Sep 17, 2004, at 9:07 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

But as a Debian user, I am glad so many packages are just an 'apt-get
install' command away. As a Debian maintainer, I try to make that choice available to others via the packages I look after. Now, as for choice, I
think these aren't even available in other distros:

octave-ci - Contributed functions for the GNU Octave language
octave-epstk - GNU Octave encapsulated postscript toolkit
octave-gpc - Octave bindings for the General Polygon Clipper Library
octave-matcompat - Empty transition package for octave-forge
octave-plplot - Octave support for PLplot, a plotting library
octave-sp - Semidefinite Programming functions for GNU Octave
octave-statdataml - GNU Octave package for XML-based data exchange
matwrap - A wrapper generator for matrix languages

There are some more packages which would be nice to have such as
octave-vtk and WaveLab. Want to learn to become a Debian maintainer?

WaveLab mex may not be permissable because the license may not
be GPL compatible.  That's up to John to decide, I guess.

% COPYLEFT NOTICE.
% Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this entire % software package, provided that all files, directories, and subdirectories are
% copied **together** as a **unit**.
%
% Here **copying as a unit** means: all the files listed in the file TWFiles in % this subdirectory are copied, so that among other things the THANKS.m notice, and % this permission notice [COPYING.m] accompany all copies of the full software, and % every ``.m'' file continues to contain a copy of the file VERSION.m inside it.
%
% Permission is granted to make and distribute modified copies of this software, % under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting % derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to % this one. Names of new authors, their affiliations and information about their
% improvements may be added to the files COPYING.m and THANKS.m.