Re: Octave Bug

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: Octave Bug
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:30:48 -0500

This is true.  When I wrote the octave controls toolbox we didn't
have cell arrays (that was about 8 years ago), so I went with
scalar systems only.  It would be quite a big change to add cell arrays
to allow for MIMO tf and zp forms.

That said, it would be nice to do so.  While being "like MATLAB" is not
a paramount goal, I think that it would be valuable to define a system data
type so that we could write things like

mysys = ss(A,B,C,D) + tf(num,den)