Re: Octave on Windows XP using Cygwin: plotting ?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave on Windows XP using Cygwin: plotting ?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:27:17 -0400

On 13-Sep-2004, robert Macy <address@hidden> wrote:

| How do you "undo" the change in features to the gsplot
| function caused by running sombrero?  In otherwords, return
| the plotting function to "default" conditions?
|
| After running sombrero(41), my display is now opaque, green
| on top, red on the bottom, etc
|
| I tried
|
| gset autoscale
| gset reset
|
| nothing returns my gsplots to the default settings.  I have
| to shut off octave, losing all variables, and start over.

I don't know, I've not seen that problem.  You could try

  closeplot

which should terminate the connectino to the external gnuplot
process.  Then the next time you plot something, it should start a new
gnuplot process in the default mode.

jwe

--
Sadly, everything always works perfectly for me, so in order to find
the problems some outside help is needed.   -- Linus Torvalds, 30 July 1994