keyboard command

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: keyboard command
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:14:55 -0500

I'm using the 'keyboard' command to help me port code written in a
mostly octave compatible proprietary language. I have several
'keyboard' commands distributed across several functions. So when
Octave puts me in the debug mode I'm not sure where I am in the code.

I've tried

disp('You're on line 146 of function fx'); keyboard

But that's slow. Is there a way to automate it so that the result of keyboard is

line 146 of /home/me/code/fx.m
debug>

instead of just

debug>