Where is gcvspl?

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Where is gcvspl?
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:12:22 -0600

The octave combined index shows the routine gcvspl, which is apparently
based on a Fortran routine of the same name. The index also shows that it is
under /octave-forge/nonfree/splines. gcvspl is also called by the
octave-forge routine csaps. A find on /usr/local shows that "*gcvspl*" does
not appear anywhere with my octave/octave-forge 2.1.55.

This seems to be the routine (splines plus smoothing) that I could use for
some data analysis. How do I go about setting up to use it?

Joe