Re: reset GNUplot in Octave

From: Jaime Alberto Silva
Subject: Re: reset GNUplot in Octave
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:31:30 -0500

Check in the gnuplot manual, the gset octave command equals the set gnuplot command and so on with the other gnuplot commands. I guess you must use:

gset xrange [:]

In order to force it to use autoscale. Or:

gplot [:] data

Bas Kooijman wrote:

Dear Sir,

How should I reset range and border settings of gnuplot in Octave to default values?
clg and related commands (clearplot) remove data, but not range-settings.
After having set an xrange, for instance, I failed to force gnuplot under Octave to resume automatic scaling. The only method that works was to quit the Octave session, and start a new one. I assume that there must be more elegant methods. I am looking for a command that resets gnuplot completely to default values, as if I started a new session.

Many thanks for helping me solving this problem

Bas Kooijman
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
address@hidden

Jaime Alberto Silva Colorado