std in NDArrays

From: Hugo Neto
Subject: std in NDArrays
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:30:58 -0500

Dear All,

I'm facing another problem with the std (Standard Deviation) function. Because i have a three dimensional array and i would like to do a std in it along the 3º dimension.

For instance in Matlab:

realstate=std(state,0,3);        % std deviation along dimension 3

This will store in realstate variable the standard deviation on the 3º dimension

In Octave i reach the following statement:

"error: invalid conversion of NDArray to Matrix"

I guess that this function is not yet implemented with NDArray option in 2.1.57 Octave version. Do you know that?

Any solution to surpass this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

H.Neto