Re: Maxwell's density function grinds Octave

From: Gad Abraham
Subject: Re: Maxwell's density function grinds Octave
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:31:14 +1000

Paul Thomas wrote:
Henry F. Mollet wrote:

Why is a problem of running out of colors rather than only a problem of too
fine a grid?  I only get two colors, red outside and green inside of what
can be seen of the saddle.

Yes, that is what I saw too. However, the last message from gnuplot, before it fell off this mortal coil, was that it was running out of colours. Mine is a pre-release version 4.0.

However, a 2001x731 mesh does seem to be unnecessily fine - wire surfaces tend to look better when open because of the reduced tendency of concentrations of lines on the image plane do go black.

Paul T

GNU Octave, version 2.1.46 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.6)
G N U P L O T Version 3.8i patchlevel 0
Henry