Re: Input numbers in Octave program

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: Input numbers in Octave program
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:26:36 -0400

Hello,

  Octave does have a scanf function, but input() is probably more useful
for obtaining values interactively from the prompt; e.g.

    octave> user_input = input ("Enter an Octave value: ")
    Enter an Octave value: rand (1, 3)
    user_input =

      0.96991  0.55097  0.31940

See the chapter `Input and output' in the manual for more details on
input() and the many other input functions.

Geordie McBain